Resident Documents: Introduction & Overview
- Resident Application. This document is the resident’s first interaction with Vanderburgh House beyond a phone call or e-mail inquiry. Applicants should apply online whenever possible. While paper applications should be made available, our preference is for applicants to apply online. The same information is collected online and on our paper application.
- Resident Phone Screen. This document is used when evaluating an application; it is used as a guide to ask questions to the resident to ensure they are a good fit with what we offer.
- Resident Agreement. This is the legal binding contract between the resident and Vanderburgh House. It is not as detailed as the Resident Handbook, but it includes rent amount, releases, authorizations, and all legal considerations regarding their residency.
- Resident Handbook. This document is the guiding document for a resident. It clearly sets forth our policies, house rules, and resident expectations while they are at Vanderburgh House. Residents commit in their Resident Agreement to follow the rules in the Handbook.
- Resident Screening Log. This is a one-page, double-sided screening log; one for each resident.
- Resident Activity Log. This is a one-page, double-sided activity log to be used by one resident.
- Resident Information. This is a one-page, single-sided page to collect information on a resident. The House Manager will use this sheet during the orientation and keep it at the home.
All template resident documents can be found in the Files tab in Buildium. Be sure to access these forms directly from Buildium as they are updated from time to time. Saving them onto your device as opposed to accessing them from Buildium may cause you to miss important updates to the documents.